Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, April 14, 2017

A Personal Reflection on Purpose and Passion

This morning, as I was just thinking about our friends, I realized that for the vast majority our relationships require effort to get together.  Without a regularly scheduled gathering like we had at our home over the last 3-4 years, our connectedness to others gets lost in the busyness.  I was thinking about how its almost like bumper cars, we have to keep trying to bump into them, through the walls of our respective schedules and into our daily lives.  It requires effort and intent.  Our lives seem like we are all just buzzing around, and without a specific plan to connect or get together, at best we just bump into each other, or with great effort, get something on the calendar.

Lord, as I think about this, I realize that what we are missing is the missional mindset enflamed by the Power of Your Holy Spirit.  Our independent and here and now focused lives can slide by without any real connections or significant impact.  We are missing that which unites, that which captures our attention and passion.  You have a plan for our purpose in our own lives and the lives of those we share spheres of life with, and yet most of us are unaware, or disengaged.  The question is if we saw and understood our true calling, would we choose to lay down that which we are engaged with, for that which is better?  If we were given the opportunity to connect with passion to You and our true identities, would we?  What position does Your plan for our life take in our list of priorities?

I know for each of us, we must understand our individual paths, and that we cannot look at our call and project that call upon others.  We cannot look at what the Lord is doing in us, and judge His activity in other's lives as lacking.  We must join ourselves to Him, and let Him join us to others of similar call and purpose, drive and passion.  We must challenge our status quo in our lives and evaluate if we are actively and intently engaged in pursuit of Him and His call.  We must look at our lives to see if we have slid into a life of convenience and minimal engagement.  We must evaluate our lives and see if we have become caught up in the frenetic pace and busyness that consumes our energy, time and focus. We must open our eyes, our minds and our hearts and ask if we are pressing forward to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of us (Phil 3:12).

Maybe it is just me, but it seems that my zeal for the Kingdom Life has been whitewashed with busyness and other concerns.  Maybe we are just transitioning into a different season, and focus?  Maybe I just feel disconnected from the greater flow of the Body of Christ, as we have yet to really feel called and connected in this new season of life?  Maybe my focus is supposed to be our family and the few friends we are staying connected with on a regular basis?  Lord, I know there is more than I am seeing and understanding, and I look to You for revelation and direction!  I want to live my life with purpose and focus.

As I reflect back on Your 30 years of hiddenness, I know You understand my situation completely and then some.  You are the Light of the World, yet at the Father's request you kept the light hidden.  You are the very Word of God, yet for 30 years You kept silent.  You are our healer, yet for 30 years You watched people suffer sickness, disease, suffer and die.  You are the Lord of everything, and yet for 30 years You were a humble man, living in a small village, subject to Roman rule, religious leaders and the laws of nature.  You are the Creator of all things, and yet You lived hidden in Your creation for 30 years.

I also know that at the perfect time, You were released by the Father, sent out by the Father to reveal Yourself and His nature to this world and in 3 years the world was changed forever!  I know that the culmination of that purpose was fulfilled on the Cross, and through the Resurrection, and then the release of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost! I know that all is possible, and all is perfect in the plan and purpose of the Father and our call is to obedience and patience with purpose.

Lord, help me to see and understand, to recognize the flow of Your movement, the current of the Holy Spirit, that I might immerse myself in what You are doing.  I just want to be where You are, doing what You are doing!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment