Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Dinosaurs in Heaven??

Yesterday I had an interesting thought about Dinosaurs and other extinct animals and plants.  I will start with the assumption that in heaven there are plants and animals.  Since these are all   included in His creation, why wouldn't He include all of His creation, even those things that are no more in our time?

If heaven is an eternal place, outside of time, then its perspective into time is all encompassing.  We tend to think of heaven in terms of our recorded history and provide that type of imagery, but in my opinion, heaven would have an eternal character to its surroundings, assuming, as I did at first, that there are plants and animals there.

Scripture tends to support my first assumption for John in the Book of Revelation wrote - Revelation 5:13 NIV: "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”

- and -

Revelation 21:1 NIV:  "Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea."

- and -

Revelation 22:1-2 NIV (Titled in the NIV - Eden Restored):
"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb [2] down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations."

Thus, in John's writings and revelatory experience, we specifically have all creatures mentioned, and at least one tree (but with imageery that would likely include plants and such in the new earth). So I am thinking that it is possible that we would see in heaven all creatures and this certainly could include those that are presently extinct. 

I know this has no real bearing in the greater question of salvation, but I thought it was an intersting topic, and one that made me think, and actually look forward to seeing all God's creation!  

No comments:

Post a Comment