Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, January 27, 2018

God's Love and Faithfulness - Worthy of Reflection


This morning I am reflecting on the shortest Psalm, and letting the 2 verses resonate in my heart.

Psalm 117:1-2 NIV:

[1] Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples.
[2] For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.
Praise the Lord."

I almost want to read this Psalm backwards starting with verse 2 and finishing with verse 1, as sometimes being reminded of God's awesome virtues causes me to praise His name!  The fact that God's love and faithfulness are presented together is so helpful, as the two go hand in hand.

He loves us and He is faithful.
His motivation is always love!
His actions are always in line with His love, and are eternally consistent!
He is the same for eternity, always loving, always faithful!

Are you in a difficult circumstance?
God Loves you and is Faithful!

Are you struggling with your thoughts, your own self worth?
The God of the universe loves you and is faithful!

Have you fallen in sin?
God Loves you and is Faithful!

Have you been hurt by the church?
God Loves you and is Faithful!

At best we humans are imperfect, but God is glorious in His Perfection!  Never-ending in His love! Eternally faithful! Unchanging and unaffected by our mistakes, our imperfections and our sin!  He still Loves us and still is faithful, even if we are not.

Because of this, I am moved to sing His praises, to speak of His awesomeness and wonders, to extol His name!  Praise God!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment