Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Hearing the Truth, Being Set Free to Remember and Believe


This morning I was just thinking about the fact that I have been journaling since college, since 1981 probably, or 36 years.  Since going electronic in 2010 I have over 2000 entries in my journal.  I have been blogging since 2011 and have 1300+ entries.  I am certainly not bragging, but rather I am humbled to continue to be able to be poured into daily. I was thinking about how much I have written and I was thinking about how I had always wanted to be a writer, and how in some small way that is now true.  Not that I am writing science-fantasy, as I had thought, but instead I am writing and recording the Lord's gentle leading of me, and my own formation in Christ.

God knows I have been a very slow study, and not done well in remembering everything He has taught me, but I know He remembers everything He has taught me, and knows how to connect my present mind to those memories.  In that light, Lord, I give You full access and rewiring rights to my mind.   I pray that You would strengthen the memories of You and delete memories associated with my disobedience and lies of the enemy.  Holy Spirit, I know You can remind me of everything that You have said, everything that You have taught me and I pray that You will renew, and rework, where required, my mind!

Lord I pray John 14:26 over my mind and my life - John 14:26 NIV: "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

Yes Lord, remind me of everything You have said to me!  Continuing that prayer, I pray the following over my life - John 16:13-15 NIV: "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. [14] He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. [15] All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Lord, I pray that You will guide me into all truth!  I pray that You break down any thoughts or strongholds in my mind that are based on the deception and lies of the enemy!  Yes Lord, I want the truth to flow freely in my mind, washing away the stains of wrong thinking, and the old ways.  I want to be set free to hear and believe and remember Your truth.  I pray the following verses over my life - John 8:32,36 NIV: "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” [36] "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Thank You Jesus for speaking truth, for leading me to the truth, for setting me free.  I know that You desire freedom for me, and that freedom is found in You, for You are the truth (John 10:10).  I desire more truth and more freedom, I want to see my mind freed from the lies and wrong thinking that still rumbles around in me.  I want to see all stains and old ways of thinking mopped up and cast out.  I know that You have more to teach me, more to speak to me and I desire to ready and willing to listen and learn!  I pray that you will make known to me all that You have received from the Father!

I know these are bold prayers, but I know You know what I am capable of learning, of receiving and of becoming!  I trust that you desire me to walk fully in Your freedom that comes from fully knowing the truth!

As I was writing this all I saw in my mind a picture of hands being laid on heads and these prayers being prayed over people who struggle with their thoughts and mindsets.  Lord, I know that You desire to touch and heal, to cleanse and to set free all of Your sons and daughters.  I pray that even now You would bring healing and restoration, freedom and truth to those that are deceived, those that are struggling, those that are chained, those that long for freedom but don't have any hope or understanding of how to get free.  Lord release truth and freedom!  Set your sons and daughters free!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment