Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, January 8, 2018

God's Favor During Difficult and Confusing Times

This morning as I was praying,  I had a bit of a image and understanding pop into my mind.  I was thinking about God's favor and how He works in our lives.  I was thinking about how we can be in seasons of grace, and Him doing awesome things and then we run into something that is difficult and seems to distract us or change our direction. This can be very confusing, and if you are like me, cause you to wonder if you did something wrong, or missed God's directions.

The picture I had pop into my mind was the reworking of a major freeway interchange.  Often times while they are working on the new interchange, with a strategic plan of making everything much smoother, there are times the traffic needs to be diverted over temporary lanes.  Often these lanes are rough, and seem to slow traffic down, and can be confusing, but there is a plan in place and those diversions of traffic are temporary.  These are put in place so that major work can be accomplished on the main path (Bridges torn down and rebuilt, etc.).  If the diversion is significant enough, we can even wonder if we are on the right road, and become confused.

I felt like the picture He gave me this morning is a great example of how He works in our lives. We are moving forward in our lives in Him and suddenly we find our path forward diverted or blocked and we get confused, or concerned that we missed His guidance.  What we don't have is His insight and master-plan for our lives.  He is about upgrading us and improving our lives and sometimes that requires major renovation and construction.  Sometimes it seems we are traveling backwards, or completely off track, but God has a plan, and in His plan we are moving forward.  He never cuts corners on His building and construction in our lives, and sometimes He has to take us back through things that have hurt us or been difficult, so that He can heal us and straighten out our path and understanding.  He is about a great work in all of our lives, and these times of transition, or reworking, of diversion are part of that upgrade process. We are not on the wrong road and we haven't missed His guidance or direction or will, He is just at work and the results will be awesome!

As I was thinking about God's favor I was reminded of something I felt I heard Him say a few years ago.  One morning, as I was just waking up, I must have been asking for God's favor, and I felt like He said the following - "Unless I tell you otherwise, it is safe to assume that you are always under my favor!"

I asked for some greater understanding, and felt like HE replied - "You don't really understand my favor, it is much greater than you think.  You are thinking in human terms about favor, and I am not Human.  As my sons and daughters, you are always under my favor.  I don't have favorites like humans due, you are all my favorites."

When looking at this from this morning's perspective of times of transition and diversion, the truth is that we are still in God's favor, regardless of how much work He is doing, and how difficult the time seems.  He is working in our live and doing great things, but sometimes is just seems rough and confusing.  However, we should not be confused about the fact that He still loves us, still has favor on us and still is moving us forward in His plan!  Let us trust ourselves to the master builder, to the author and finisher of our faith, to the lover of our souls!  He will never leave us or forsake us and is always at work to fulfill His purpose and pleasure in our lives!  We can and should lean back into Him in these times and trust that His love for us never changes.

Amen and Amen!

For more on being in God's favor, here is a link to my blog from April 2015, when He first had me look into that theme - http://amomentwithgod-srh.blogspot.com/2015/04/today-is-day-of-lords-favor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment