Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Alignment With Jesus

This morning I am just reflecting on Paul's opening lines in Chapter 2 of His letter to the Philippians 2:1-4 NIV:

[1]"Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, [2] then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. [3] Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, [4] not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others."

I like the first line, as Paul is basically calling us to reflect on and awareness of that which we have received in Christ Jesus!  Sometimes, I can forget all that I have received, and Paul is encouraging the church to reflect on their unity with Jesus, His love for them, their empowerment by the Holy Spirit, and the tenderness and compassion that flow out of Jesus' heart towards us!  What great things to think about in our daily walk!  Oh, that we allow these to change our perception and align us with Jesus.

The natural outflow of alignment with Jesus, is as Paul described, unity, like-mindedness, loving the same things, flowing in the same Spirit!  If we allow the heart and mind of Jesus to become ours then we should naturally flow into these desired states.  As we embrace this reality, our perception of others takes on Jesus' perspective, and we see our brothers and sisters as He sees them.  We become more concerned for them, seeing their need and value to Him.  We learn how Jesus operates, and it is always in tenderness,  love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness and encouragement.

As I was thinking about this, I was reminded of skits I have seen where two individuals pretend they are a mirror reflection of each other.  They move exactly the same way, and try to do exactly what they see the other person doing.  This is how I want to be with Jesus, so intent on what He is doing that I try to mirror His movements, try to do exactly what He is doing!

I know I need more of Jesus' tenderness, love, compassion, mercy, forgiveness, and encouragement in my life!  I also need to be better at allowing those to flow out of my life!  Oh Lord, remind me of my position in You, of Your tenderness and compassion, and help me to align myself with You in my heart and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment