Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The Promise of Continuous Revelation

This morning my reflection is on the last words of Jesus in his discourse to the Apostles at the Last Supper, as recorded by John 17:26 NIV: "I have made you (Father) known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

I was thinking about and reflecting on relationship with the Lord this morning, desirous of a deeper walk, of a more conscious daily conversation.  I was feeling like there was an invitation to a deeper walk and knowledge of the Lord, and this was the verse that rang true with those themes.  I am going to grab hold of this promise for continuous revelation!

Earlier in John's account, Jesus said that the Holy Spirit was being sent to teach us all truth, as Jesus had more things to share than He had time to impart (John 16:12-13). This is part of the planned continuous revelation Jesus promised.  We have Jesus speaking to us, the Holy Spirit teaching us and reminding us, all three of them making their home in us!  Our lives are supposed to be full of continuous revelation and intimacy.  That is the Lord's desire for us!  That is His desire for me!

Lord, I am a bit of dunderhead, and need Your help in realizing my potential and recognizing Your invitation throughout my day!  I tend to walk around oblivious to Your invitation and desire to reveal more of Yourself! Lord, help me to open my ears, my eyes, my heart and my mind to You!  I want to encounter Your continuing to make Yourself known!  I want to be drawn deeper, to know Your heart more!  I want to be aware of Your indwelling!  I want to experience intimacy with You!

Amen Lord!  Help me, as I can only gain head knowledge of you on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment