Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 6, 2021

Reigning On Earth

This morning I felt led to read out of the Book of Revelations, chapters 4 & 5, which I always enjoy reading.  I enjoy picturing in my mind that which John describes, especially in chapters 4 & 5.  This morning as I was reading through these two chapters, I saw something that seemed to standout form all the rest and wanted to spend some time reflecting on the full meaning of what was said.  Here are the verses  - Revelation 5:9-14 NIV:

[9] "And they sang a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation. [10] You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.” 

[11] Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. [12] In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” 

[13] Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” 

[14] The four living creatures said, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped."

The verse that stood out or me today was all of verse ten.  Verse nine provides the definition of who verse ten is about, and calls out those that have been purchase by His Blood, which is the church, those that have been received salvation through faith in Him, in other words us!!  According to the four living creatures and twenty-four elders we have been made "to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God", and "will reign on the earth"!!!  DID YOU GET THAT??  According to that heavenly host, WE WILL REIGN ON EARTH!  

Just to make sure I wasn't reading into that statement, I looked at the original Greek, and the word that John wrote down is basileúō, and it means the following: 

1) to be king, to exercise kingly power, to reign

     a) of the governor of a province

     b) of the rule of the Messiah

     c) of the reign of Christians in the millennium

2) metaph. to exercise the highest influence, to control

Let that sink in and populate your mind and heart for a bit.  This is God's plan for us!  this is who we are already!  We are called and purchased, and released  to be kings in His Kingdom, to serve Him!  

However, to do this correctly, we must be able to exercise our authority, given to us by Him.  He is the one who made us to be a kingdom and priests, to serve Him and reign on earth!  Notice this it not heaven where we reign, but earth!  If we decide to read Revelation literally and look at the logical flow experienced by John in His vision, we would understand that verse 10 happens before the millennial reign which isn't announced until Revelations chapter 20.  In other words its now, in the time between Jesus' triumph on the cross and His second coming.  I am not saying that is how we should revelations, but it is a way we can read it, and we should press into this to understand more what God is saying and revealing!

Putting this in practical terms, when we are asked what we are going to be doing today, our answer should be serving God and reigning!  We have authority, already given to us through Jesus' Blood, poured out for us, and His mighty work of salvation!  Through this we were purchased and made to be a kingdom and priests to serve Him and to reign on the earth!  Nothing and no one has the power to take this from us, for it has been and is being proclaimed in Heaven in font of the Throne of God, and He agrees!

I am not thinking for a minute that I fully understand this, but I feel like the Lord wants me to open my eyes and my heart and hear the truth!  This IS TRUE.  Lord, help me to understand this truth to a greater extent, that I might be able to step into all that You have called us into.  Help me to open my eyes and heart to see and understand what You mean when You say that we will reign on earth!

Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment