Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, September 12, 2014

He Is Good And Faithful

This morning I felt lead to read from Psalm 100. It is a pretty short Psalm so I thought I would include it in its entirety.

Psalm 100:1-5 NIV:

[1]"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
[2] Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
[3] Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his ;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
[4] Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
[5] For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

I find it is hard to read this Psalm and not have a better outlook on life afterwards. There is so much good about the Lord, He is so loving and faithful in all His ways. His ways are always good! He welcomes us into His courts, into His presence. We have a God who cares for us and is intimately aware of us, and loving us every day. He is worthy of our praise and worship! When we think about God our hearts should be joyful!

If we have a hard time with this positive Psalm, chances are that we are under the weight and cares we all experience. The Lord's plan for us all is to come into relationship with Him, so that we might exchange our perspective for His. When He looks at us, He sees us as we will become, perfect in His eyes, perfectly fulfilling His purposes for which He created us. He sees our struggles, but He also sees our victory over our present struggles and our growth and maturity that will come.

He is God, the enemy and the world and bad circumstances do not challenge Him, frighten Him, or concern Him, other than their effects on us, whom He loves. He is loving and faithful to all. Don't believe the lie that He doesn't love you, or care for you, or even know your name.

One of my favorite authors, Graham Cooke, says behind every struggle is a greater provision and blessing from the Lord. I like that perspective and know it is true. So let us praise God and join with all creation in joyful anticipation of His blessing. He is good, loving, faithful and kind!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment