Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Freedom Now!


Last evening we had a worship night with our church, and it was a wonderful time.  During worship I saw in my minds-eye a couple of pictures.  The first was like a bird cage, but bigger, with someone stuck inside it.  I thought the Lord wanted to set them free, whoever it was.  Next, I saw a couple of additional pictures, the first being the cage but with solid walls and no light getting in at all,  then the cage had really thick bars, but at least there was light inside, finally I saw the picture of the cage again with very thin bars, and understood the person was so glad that things were lighter that they didn't consider that the Lord actually wanted to set them free. 

When I got home I felt like I received a bit more clarity, in the same way that a dog that is kennel trained takes comfort in their kennel, and prefers to lay there even when they are free to roam, and the doors open, there are those of us that prefer the comfort of our captivity, if you will.  However, it was clear the Lord wanted to set them free of all bondage, captivity or slavery.

As I prayed about this set of images this morning, I felt that this especially relates to those that feel trapped in certain circumstances, but because those circumstances are so much better than what was previously experienced, they think they are free and in a much more healthy place, so they don't realize the need to be set free.  

The truth is that even a cage where you have plenty of light, food and security is still a cage. Paul, when he lived in Rome was always under house arrest, even though he had certain freedoms.  The truth of the matter is that He was still a prisoner.

So whether the cage is a bad relationship, a bad job, a bad living situation, trying to earn someone's favor, whatever, the word of the Lord is FREEDOM!  His desire for us all is freedom in every part of our life!  He desires to set us wholly free that we might step fully into all of God's plans and purposes for us!   

Lord, I pray that even now You might move in our lives and proclaim FREEDOM over us, that we might be wholly free!  Move in our situations and do what only You can do!  

2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV:  "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."


Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment