Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Key Role of Miracles

I was continuing to read in Matt 11:2-6 and was reminded of what things Jesus said proved He was the Messiah, His miracles.

(NIV)Matthew 11:2-6
When John, who was in prison, heard about the deeds of the Messiah, he sent his disciples [3] to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?” [4] Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: [5] The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. [6] Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.”

And again in John 14:11 Jesus points to the miracles as the sign of His representing the Father.

(NIV)John 14:11
"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves."

Lord, continuing this thought of the place of miracles and healing in the church, if these signs don't accompany the church, how will people know that we are truly from God, and following God? Lord, help us to step into this mindset, to change our minds about what church ministry should look like. Its like we have decided to be satisfied with a church where all we hear is inspiring talk, and have good feelings, rather than pressing in and believing for the miracles and healing. We have decided to be satisfied with less.

Lord, I pray that You will help me to not be satisfied with good talk and good feelings, but to rather press on, press in, and persevere until this is my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment