Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, April 6, 2012

Two Thoughts on Jesus' Crucifiction

Today, being Good Friday, I want to try and focus on Jesus' crucifiction today. Lord, we are so not worthy of Your sacrifice, but yet so grateful that You became the eternal sacrifice for us.






This morning I read all four gospel accounts of the crucifiction. I had a couple of thoughts while doing so. First, that Jesus experienced deeply the rejection that was upon him. If we were to think of any rejection we have ever experienced, a rejection from a job application, being dumped by a girlfriend or boyfriend, failing at some thing, this was so much worse. I know the emotional pain of rejection, but this was rejection into torture and death. I know what it feels like to have your heart torn out by someone you thought you loved, imagine that pain times a billion, then throw on the physical torture and beating. That is only part of what Jesus suffered. As I said before, we can't even comprehend the spiritual suffering of being rejected and separated from the Father.


The other reflection was that many of the people that followed Him sill stood by him, most notably His mother Mary, Mary Magdalene, John and some few others. I could almost imagine that they were waiting and hoping right up to the very end, that Jesus would suddenly just come down off the cross and prove to all that He was who He said He was. I can imagine their impassioned pleas and prayers, and then their dejection and utter despair when He died. It was a brutal experience, anyway you think about it.


Lord we are not worthy, and yet by Your death, You paid the price for us all!  We will thank You for all eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment