Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Spiritual Sight and Repentance

I was reading last night from Bill Johnson's book, "When Heaven Invades Earth". One of the key things he was talking about was the need to really change the way we think, to put on an eternal or heavenly, or spiritual realm mindset.  This is the real emphasis of repentance - changing the way we think.


He said that unbelief is really believing in the seen more than the unseen, and that was helpful to me. He said that faith is really the possession of spiritual sight. Jesus saw what the Father was doing, and so should we be able to see what He is doing. Faith is not meant to be some sort of special gifting that is only available to a few, but rather, is available to every believer, immediately, its just that our western thought is so much rooted in this temporal existance. We need to realize the need and practice seeing the spiritual, for its the spiritual that will last, and the spiritual which is thus the greater reality.


(NIV)2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. [17] For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. [18] So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.


(NIV)1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. [16] For everything in the world---the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life---comes not from the Father but from the world. [17] The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.


(NIV)Colossians 3:1-4
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. [2] Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. [3] For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. [4] When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.


Lord, help me to adjust the way I think daily, to repent.  I want to be aware of the unseen!

No comments:

Post a Comment