Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Do What He Says...

The other morning I was reading from James:

(NIV)James 1:22-25
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. [23] Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror [24] and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. [25] But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it---not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it---they will be blessed in what they do.

This is what Graham Cooke titles - intentionality. Being aware, being intentional, being focused, all day long, every day. Hearing what the Lord is saying and doing it. Lord, I ask that You would help me to remember what I have heard, and not just remembering, but doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment