Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, May 28, 2012

No One is an Impossible Case

I was reading from Acts 9:
(NIV)Acts 9:13-16
“Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem. [14] And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.” [15] But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. [16] I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

As I was reading this, I thought about how absolutely crazy this was. Saul was one of the chief enemies of the church, the one who was possibly the most aggressive in persecuting the church in its earliest years, and Jesus converts him and turns him into one of the greatest evangelists and church planters to ever live. What an amazing story of Jesus absolute sovereignty, and power to touch and heal even the hardest heart.

I am reminded of something Graham Cooke said, that we should never let our politics or opinions of someone affect our perspective of what God is about. He said, "what if one of the sworn enemies of the USA was God's planned person to reach all of the Muslim world?" When I heard him say that, I thought "yeah right....!" But in essense that is what the Lord did with Saul. He took one of the greatest enemies of the church and made him one of it strongest advocates. All I can say is we have an awesome God!

So, let us be guided by the Lord, not the news media, not our political mind set, not by anything of man. Let us pursue God's plan, and make ourselves available to be the one that reaches out to the former enemy of the church, and welcomes them into the Body of Christ. God will be victorious, that we know, and He will win many hearts that will surprise us in that process. Clearly nothing is impossible with God, and no one is an impossible case.

No comments:

Post a Comment