Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, May 7, 2012

We Are All Needed in the Body of Christ

Yesterday I was thinking quite a bit about the Body of Christ, the Church, and how we so often don't view it correctly. I was reminded of 1 Corinthians 12:

(NIV)1 Corinthians 12:12-20
Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. [13] For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body---whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free---and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. [14] Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. [15] Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. [16] And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. [17] If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? [18] But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. [19] If they were all one part, where would the body be? [20] As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

Don't disqualify yourself because you are not like others in the Body. Each of us has a purpose and role, but all parts are necessary. We need the different ideas, the different perspectives, the different cultures, everything, because God's plan is that we are all one.

No comments:

Post a Comment