Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, August 29, 2013

A New Day, New Compassion


I asked the Lord for the word for the day and I remembered these verses from Lamentations 3:21-24 NIV:

[21] "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
[22] Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
[23] They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
[24] I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”

What a great word for the day. We can hope in the Lord, because He loves us, has unfailing compassion for us, which are renewed every morning. In other words, yesterday is gone, and we have a fresh start with the Lord this day, full of His compassion and mercy. He will not hold our yesterday against us, but renews His compassion for us each day. He is faithful to all who trust in Him. He wants to be our portion, that which we choose, for He has chosen us.

I just saw a simple picture of what this final verse is like. God reaches down from heaven, extending His hand to us, selecting us. We need to turn toward Him and extend our hand to Him, and then wait for Him to make contact. That is what "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him" looks like in my life.

Let us wait for the Lord, with our hand, heart and mind, knowing that He has chosen us and will make contact. He will guide us, will direct us and will bless us! Its a new day, forget about yesterday and press into the Lord's love and compassion for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment