Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Doing What The Father IS Doing!

This morning I am continuing my reading from the Gospel of John. The verses that I am meditating on today are as follows - John 5:19-21 NIV:

[19] "Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. [20] For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed. [21] For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it."

I find this an interesting description of how Jesus does the signs,wonders and healings. He basically just follows what the Father is doing. A while back I was thinking about the present activity of the Lord, and that we should be asking ourselves "what is Jesus doing?" Jesus describes the same exact perspective, one of looking to the Father and doing what He IS doing. He said it was because the Father loved Him that He showed Jesus what He was doing. So, the key point is that their intimate relationship was the impetus to Jesus ministry. He was so aware of the Father, so understood His heart, heard Him and saw Him so well, that He was able to follow the Father's lead.

The situation is exactly the same for us. It is our relationship wit the Lord, our intimacy with Him, that will lead us down paths of obedience that will result in healings, signs, wonders, etc. We need to ask the Lord to show us what He is doing, so that we can do the same thing. If the Lord invites us to this place, we must believe that He will lead us, guide us, and teach us how to see , hear and understand what He IS doing. We have received the Holy Spirit who will do exactly that - lead, guide and teach.

So let us press into the Lord, into relationship with Him, that we might come to understand what He is doing, and join Him in that very activity. He will "show us even greater works than these" (John 5:20b), so that we will all be amazed and give glory to Him! This is an awesome promise and one that Jesus extended to us in John 14:12-13 NIV: "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. [13] And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son."

Amen Lord, help us to see what You are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment