Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, March 25, 2016

A Good Friday Meditation

This morning I have been reading and meditating on the Passion.  It is hard to comprehend the abuse and suffering that Jesus endured because of His love for us!  The fact that Jesus, the very son of God, would come to earth is amazing.  The fact that He became fully man (Phil 2:7), humbling Himself and becoming like us (Heb 2:14-17), is unbelievable.  However all that pales in comparison to the fact that He allowed Himself to be beaten, suffer terribly and ultimately die like a criminal at man's hands.  This fact is truly incomprehensible and is truly one of the greatest mysteries and unforeseen plot twists that has ever been conceived.  Who would ever have guessed, or thought in their wildest dreams that the Son of God Almighty would come to earth, and rather than judge and punish people for their sins, instead take all that punishment upon Himself, that the people might experience salvation, forgiveness for their sins and life eternal?  Yet that is exactly what our God has done for us!

Today we remember all that He suffered and what He accomplished through His suffering because of His love for us.  Isaiah saw this prophetically - Isaiah 53:5 NIV: "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed."

As Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." (John 3:16-17NIV).

I can only say Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment