Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, July 27, 2019

The Depth of These Truths! Oh Man!

This morning I am reflecting on a few verses from John's Gospel.  These few verses are pretty mind-blowing if you let them resonate! 

John 17:19,24,26 NIV:

[19] "For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified."

[24] “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world."

[26] "I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

These are really radical statements and they are true for us all! 

First , in verse 19, Jesus says that He sanctified Himself, that we might, in Him, be sanctified!  In other words, His holiness, His purity, His righteousness are all provided to us, as well!  When the Father looks at us, He sees us looking just like Jesus.  Paul says that we are hidden in Christ, which is a good description.  Here we see Jesus' accomplishments being distributed to us!

Secondly, in verse 24, if verse 19 is true, then we are definitely with Jesus where He is.  He was loved by the Father before the creation of the World, and so were we according to Ephesians 1:4 NIV: "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight."  Jesus also makes mention of this in His description of the Judgement day - Matthew 25:34 NIV: “Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world."

Finally in verse 26 we see Jesus saying that the same Love the Father has for Him, will be in us!  That statement is definitely too deep to fathom.  We can't possibly comprehend the Love the Father has for His son Jesus!  Yet, Jesus says that same love will be in us.  In fact, He will be in us as well! 

This Love of the Father; this loving us since before the creation of the world; this sharing of His Glory; this blessing us with His sanctification and His righteousness is our Gospel, our Good News!  It is so much more than just salvation, or a place in Heaven.  We are fully His beloved Sons and Daughters, and we are and have always been greatly loved!  Wow!

I am just going to let this settle in my soul, in my heart and in my mind!  Lord, help me to grasp more of that which is clearly beyond our understanding!  Help me to not only believe this, but help me to live my life in this knowledge! 

Amen and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment