Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Wisdom From Heaven - How to Think

This morning I thought the following verses were helpful to contemplate.  James 3:17-18 NIV: "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. [18] Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness."

If you wonder how to think these days, I think these brief verses from James are helpful, for if we step back a moment and see how our thoughts are affecting us, we can identify where they are coming from.  Wisdom from the Lord does not bring fear, or anxiety, judgment or condemnation.

As I think about my actions, these verses are also helpful.  If I am working to represent the Lord in my life, then these descriptions should be applicable to my actions.  Do I act with pure motives, do I instill peace, am I considerate of others, am I submissive to the Lord's direction, am I merciful, impartial and sincere? 

As we begin to reopen and interact with others who may have different opinions about the plans and timing, and "rules", its good to check our hearts and thoughts.  As I have written previously, its so important to look to the Lord for His perspective, His guidance and direction.  My belief is that this list form James is a good for guidance if we are unsure about specifics.

Lastly, our primary motivation must always be love.  The Lords words are just so simple, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." (John 15:12-13 NIV)

Lord, help me to choose to love, first and foremost!  Help me to represent You, and let my heart and actions be pure, peace-inspiring, considerate, merciful, and submissive to You.

Amen!

I pray that the peace and joy of the Lord might be yours this day!

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment