Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chuck the Stuff

I was reading Hebrews 12 recently and was reminded of one of my favorite verses.  Verse 1 states, "1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith."

I like the visual aspect of this verse - throwing things off that hinder us, throwing off sin that entangles.  I can almost see in my mind a giant dumpster waiting for me to throw away all that does not benefit me in my pursuit of God.  Attitudes, past hurts, wrong perspectives, fear, doubt, rebellion, and of course sin. 

God, help me to recognize those things in my life that hinder me and entangle me so that I can 'chuck' them out of my life!  I want to be able run after you with  everything I have in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment