Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, April 25, 2011

Preparation and Action

A few days a ago I was reading Matt 25 which is a chapter dedicated to preparation and action.  It starts out with a parable about 10 virgins, waiting for the bridegroom to come.  My meditation was on verse 4:  "The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps."  


I was thinking about how much work that probably was to lug along oil in jars, on top of everything else.  They were obviously the type of people who think ahead, look at possible scenarios, then take action, and are not dissuaded because of a little extra work.  Too often, I am all about quick decisions and quick action, not thinking the situations through, and then preparing and acting accordingly.


This section of scripture is focused on the end times, or last days, or end of the Age.  Jesus is giving clear direction about how we should think, prepare and act. We would be wise to listen to His words, and act on them.  


As we stare down difficult financial and economic times in this country (USA), we would also be wise, as the Church) to be prepared and willing to act, so that we are ready.

1 comment:

  1. I am reminded almost daily of the vs in Matt 10:16... "therefore be wise serpents and innocent as doves" I hope that's not terribly out of context, but we can't just rely on being "good" and Christlike to get us past these times. Our successful navigation for our families and jobs and finances relies on us finding our wisdom in God's economic plan.

    ReplyDelete