Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Streams in the Wasteland

A while ago I was reading Isaiah 43 - meditating on verse 19 which says, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."


I was thinking of how often we find ourselves in difficult situations, dry times, and times of relative fruitlessness.  It feels like we are smack in the middle of the desert or wasteland.  No hope in sight, no source of life in view.


God in His merciful and faithful way, appears actually excited in the verse!  "I'm doing something new - can't you see it?" Its almost as if He can't wait for us to discover His provision for us in that place! 


Time after time, in my life, I have found these streams in the desert, these new ways of seeing God's provision.  What sweet relief they are! 


Thank You Lord - that you care for us - even in the midst of the wasteland and desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment