Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, June 3, 2012

We Receive the Blessings of the Righteous

I was just reading through Proverbs 10, and came across verse 6, which started me thinking:

(NIV)Proverbs 10:6-7
Blessings crown the head of the righteous.... [7] The name of the righteous is used in blessings....

As I was reading this, I thought about the fact that in Jesus, I am righteous, for His righteousness has been applied to me - see Romans 3:21-26, and Romans 5:18-19. I was thinking about all the different promises that made to the righteous I the old testament. I have always read them, and thought I didn't quite qualify as righteous. However, in light of the truth that we are considered righteous, because Jesus righteousness is applied to us.

(NIV)Romans 3:21-24
But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. [22] This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, [23] for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, [24] and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

(NIV)Romans 5:18-19
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. [19] For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

So in other words, because of Jesus' righteousness which is applied to us, we get to particpate in and claim all the promises we read. I know the list is long, but just let the promises wash over you, and claim them as true for your life. Here are some of the promises:

(NIV)Psalm 1:6
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

(NIV)Psalm 5:12
Surely, Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

(NIV)Psalm 14:5
.... for God is present in the company of the righteous.

(NIV)Psalm 34:15, 17, 19
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;
[17] The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.
[19] The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;

(NIV)Psalm 37:25, 29-30
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.
[29] The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever.
[30] The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom, and their tongues speak what is just.

(NIV)Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

(NIV)Psalm 64:10
The righteous will rejoice in the Lord and take refuge in him; all the upright in heart will glory in him!

(NIV)Psalm 85:13
Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps.

(NIV)Psalm 92:12-15
The righteous will flourish like a palm tree, they will grow like a cedar of Lebanon; [13] planted in the house of the Lord, they will flourish in the courts of our God. [14] They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, [15] proclaiming, “The Lord is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him. ”

(NIV)Psalm 97:11
Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

(NIV)Psalm 118:15-17, 20
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! [16] The Lord’s right hand is lifted high; the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!” [17] I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
[20] This is the gate of the Lord through which the righteous may enter.

(NIV)Psalm 140:13
Surely the righteous will praise your name, and the upright will live in your presence.

(NIV)Psalm 146:8
the Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous.

(NIV)Proverbs 3:33
The Lord’s curse is on the house of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous.

(NIV)Proverbs 10:3
The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry...

(NIV)Proverbs 10:28
The prospect of the righteous is joy...

(NIV)Proverbs 13:21
Trouble pursues the sinner, but the righteous are rewarded with good things.

(NIV)Proverbs 20:7
The righteous lead blameless lives; blessed are their children after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment