Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, June 22, 2012

When God Comes in Vengeance - He Fights FOR Me!

This morning I have been reading a few verses that have to do with God coming and fighting for me, coming in vengeance. 


 (NIV)Psalm 35:1-3 Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me. [2] Take up shield and armor; arise and come to my aid. [3] Brandish spear and javelin against those who pursue me. Say to me, “I am your salvation. ” 


 (NIV)Isaiah 35:1-10 The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, [2] it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. The glory of Lebanon will be given to it, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; they will see the glory of the Lord, the splendor of our God. [3] Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; [4] say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.” [5] Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. [6] Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. [7] The burning sand will become a pool, the thirsty ground bubbling springs. In the haunts where jackals once lay, grass and reeds and papyrus will grow. [8] And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. [9] No lion will be there, nor any ravenous beast; they will not be found there. But only the redeemed will walk there, [10] and those the Lord has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.


So often when I think of God coming in vengeance, I think its to punish me for something wrong I did (which by the way is not true at all - see my earlier post on punishment and discipline).  Anyway, as I was reading these verses I realized that He is not coming to fight against me, rather He is coming to fight for me!  I am not His enemy, I am the object of His affection!  

When He comes, He is brings defeat to the enemy, and salvation and healing to those He is fighting for...



Amen - Come Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment