Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Friday, January 25, 2013

Deeper in Love

This morning I was praying about loving Him more and more and I was reminded of a few verses in Philippians.

Philippians 1:9-11 NIV
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, [10] so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, [11] filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ---to the glory and praise of God."

I see in this prayer, my own prayer as well. I have been praying that my love for God would drive me deeper into His word, and there find a deeper insight and knowledge of Him, not head knowledge but knowledge and insight based on relationship. Its in this place of deep intimacy and pursuit, that I will be changed to become more and more like Him. Its also in this place of intimacy that we begin to see what is best for us, what is His good and perfect will. Lord, I want to love You more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment