Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, January 21, 2013

Unity In The Spirit

This morning I opened my bible to Psalm 133.

Psalm 133:1-3 NIV
[1] "How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity! [2] It is like precious oil poured on the head, running down on the beard, running down on Aaron’s beard, down on the collar of his robe. [3] It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the Lord bestows his blessing, even life forevermore."

In other words, there is an abundant anointing released in the place of unity. There is a heavenly blessing released through unity that refreshes and brings life. This is the place where the Lord bestows blessing, other translations call it the commanded blessing, a place where there is no doubt about the blessing to come.

Some of the commentators speak of the oil representing the Holy Spirit, and this represents an abundant, overflowing outpouring. This reminds me of Jesus speaking of living water flowing out of those who believe: John 7:37-39 NIV

[37] "On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. [38] Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.” [39] By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified."

I am also reminded of this passage from 1 Corinthians 12:12-14 NIV:
[12] "Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. [13] For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body---whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free---and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. [14] Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many."

Lord, we pray that we will see a great outpouring of unity and love for each other in this nation. We confess that we have become a nation of people that thinks of themselves first, full of selfishness. We pray for true unity and for Your blessing Lord. We pray that this unity would start in Your church, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment