Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ever Increasing Glory

This morning I am reading from Haggai.

Haggai 2:6-9 NIV
“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. [7] I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory, ’ says the Lord Almighty. [8] ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord Almighty. [9] ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace, ’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

I love this verse because it reminds me of three truths:

1) God is capable of shaking everything, every system, every nation, every person. He is God over everything, and everything is under His authority.

2) All the silver and all the gold are His. He is our true source of all provision and blessing. If we are lacking, we should turn to Him.

3) His Kingdom is increasingly glorious. He is not defeated or being beaten. The future in God is always better than the present.

I am reminded of a few verses in 2 Corinthians 3:7-11, 17-18 NIV:

[7] "Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, [8] will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? [9] If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! [10] For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. [11] And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

[17] Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. [18] And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

We are, despite how things look to us with our limited sight and understanding, being transformed into His image with EVER INCREASING glory!

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment