Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, July 15, 2013

Increasing Glory


This morning I felt I should read from the minor prophet Haggai. I have always enjoyed reading the old testament prophets, and besides Amos, Haggai would be my favorite of the minor prophets.

Haggai 2:6-9 NIV:
[6] “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. [7] I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory, ’ says the Lord Almighty. [8] ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord Almighty. [9] ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace, ’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

I like the verses because they remind me of who is really in power, namely God. He has all authority, in every nation and every people. He has the ability to shake everything that can be shaken. All money, everything having to do with wealth is His. He is in control.

We often times live like this is not the case, wondering, worrying, striving on our own. Not that had work, and such, is wrong, but we tend to think of ourselves as our provider, and this is just not true. It is the Lord who is our provider, and He has proved His ability in this throughout the Bible, and throughout history. There are many people who have been invited by the Lord to depend solely on Him for their daily provision, and its amazing the stories they have of God's miraculous provision, every single day. People like George Mueller, David DuPlessis, Rees Howells, Graham Cooke, Smith Wigglesworth, are just some examples. God is fully capable of being our provider.

I also like these verses because they speak of one of the spiritual principles of God's plan, that His Kingdom is ever increasing. It is simply not possible for His Glory to decrease over time. Here Haggai is speaking about the Temple, but this is also prophetic, looking to the future when the Church, the Body of Christ, becomes the resting place for the Presence of God. It is also looking prophetically forward to the Church as the end-times approach. The Church will shine brighter and brighter and God's Kingdom will continue to advance.

Sometimes those of us in the U.S. think that because in America we seem to be moving away from God and our Godly foundations, that God's Kingdom is in some sort of decline. But that is simply not true! Worldwide there is a major increase in the Body of Christ, and revival is rampant. If we look at global ministries, we can understand the breadth of the move of God upon the earth. Ministries like Global Awakening - founded by Randy Clark is a great example. He is connected to many of the Apostolic moves of God on the earth, and its amazing to hear all the things that God is doing. The glory of this present house is certainly greater than any former time, and in the future the glory will be even greater! We have much to look forward to in the Body of Christ, and His Kingdom will ever be increasing!

Amen Lord! We look forward with eager anticipation to Your continued increase and greater glory. We look forward to the day, seen by John in his vision recorded in the Book of Revelation: "Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!” Revelation 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment