Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Invitation to Know Him

Last evening I was reading some Pete, as Graham Cooke would say:

2 Peter 1:3 NIV
'His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."

Lord, that is such an awesome promise - that you have given us everything we need for a Godly life. This is found in our knowledge of Him, which is gained through relationship wth Him, not head knowledge, but heart knowledge. The Greek word is Epignosis, which means thoroughly acquainted with someone or something, a deep knowing. The only way to become thoroughly acquainted with the Lord is to spend time together - or as most people would would say - in prayer. The invitation to prayer is an awesome invitation into eternal life, where we become like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment