Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Salvation, Forgiveness AND Healing

This morning I was reading the following verses where Peter references Isaiah 53 in 1 Peter 2:23-25 NIV:

[23] "When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. [24] “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” [25] For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

I had forgotten that Peter quoted these verses. They are so essential in our faith walk, for they are three solid realities. First, we have all sinned, we are all sheep going astray. Jesus bore our sins on the cross, each and everyone of us, and all our sins. He did this that we might be set free of the penalty and made able to live for righteousness sake. Finally, by His wounds we have been healed. The Greek word here means literally that - healed, cured, made whole. So often we miss the point that Jesus died for our salvation AND our healing.

Lord, we pray that we will experience the fullness of what you purchased for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment