Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Palm Sunday - The Coming King

My Palm Sunday Meditation.

I was just thinking about the significance of Palm Sunday. I was thinking about the procession into the city of Jerusalem, thinking about why it was important, and I suddenly had an idea pop into my head that I have never had before, namely the parallelism of Jesus' life events leading up to the crucifixion, and the coronation of an earthly king.

There is a procession where the soon-to-be King enters the city, either as a victor in battle, or as the prince who will inherit the crown = Palm Sunday

There is feasting prior to the coronation = Last Supper

There is often the night before the coronation when the king to be, prepares himself = the Garden of Gethsemane

There is the public gathering prior to the coronation = Good Friday crowds

There is the crowning = the crown of thorns placed on Jesus head following the scourging

There is the public display of the newly crowned king = the crucifixion

The king begins his reign by sitting on the throne = Jesus is now seated on the right hand of the Father in Heaven

So as we enter into this Holy Week, let us be reminded that we are celebrating the crowning of our King, not as it happened with the crown of thorns, and scourging and crucifixion, but as they occurred in Heaven - for although there was an earthly representation, which was twisted by the sinfulness of men, Jesus was crowned King, and entered into His eternal reign! We have a King who loves us and laid down His life for us, and who will reign forever and ever!

As we celebrate this Palm Sunday, let us celebrate the coming King!

No comments:

Post a Comment