Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, September 13, 2015

An Apology

So I this morning while waiting for my allergy medicine to take effect so I could go back to sleep, I  was reading through an article written about IHOP (International House of Prayer), where a young man wrote about his experience, his questions, and how IHOP responded to many of things that have been written (see - http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/51909-the-truth-about-ihopkc).  I also read through my last blog entry about the response of leaders to "move of God", and I realized that I have been attacking parts of the church in a generic sort of way quite often in my blog, and I have exhibited the very critical spirit that I abhor.

Lord, I ask Your forgiveness for giving any air-time in my own mind and especially in my blog, to things that are critical of the Church.  Lord, I pray that You would help me to learn from You. Help me to learn how to respond, how to create hope and life without critiquing the Church or ministries or individuals, regardless of how generic I word things.  Lord, I don't want to be known for my ability to think critically, but rather for my ability to think like You, creatively.

Lord, my question is how to present a new perspective possibly giving a contrasting perspective without being critical?  This is actually a tough question for me, for I know my mind quickly goes to criticalness as my default.  I think this attitude is based in spiritual pride, namely thinking I know better than others.  Lord, please help me; help me to root out pride.  I know that often I think I am about "defending the faith" and thinking that I am helping to build right culture or attitudes, but the reality is that I am being critical.  Lord, I believe that You can fully defend Your church without my help!  My desire is to speak about what You are showing me, without being negative or critical of others, especially those who are my brothers and sisters.  Lord, I desire to repent, to change the way I think, and the way I act!  Please help me and guide me and direct me in changing and reshaping my mind, to be more like You.

I would ask anyone that reads this to forgive me of my critical attitude, and pray for me and all brothers and sisters that we might work to build the Church, and not tear each other down.

No comments:

Post a Comment