Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Life, In Short!

On Sunday I saw this quote from Bill Johnson:

"Royalty is my identity
Servanthood is my assignment
Intimacy with God is my life source"

This concisely describes what the Lord has been establishing in me these last few years.  In my experience Bill seems to be able to speak concisely what I have been hearing, thinking and understanding but don't have a clear way of communicating yet.  I am so grateful for him and for others that show us the way, and give us understanding of how to live this life of following Christ.

The development (in my mind and heart) of my true identity is one of the chief works of Christ in my life.  So much of the struggle I have is related to figuring out who I am, and whose I am.  Being the son of the King, being called to represent Him, being called to think like Him, being called to act like Him are the things I am working into my life at present.  Like Paul said in letter to the Philippians 3:12-14 NIV:

[12]"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. [13] Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, [14] I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Secondly, servanthood is how I am called to relate to others.  I am being called to see others as significant, to identify their value to the Lord and to treat them that way.  I am called to walk in humility, looking to others, thinking about them and their needs.  This really is a radical call, for selflessness does not come naturally to me. I am constantly being encouraged to renew my mind, to think differently, to daily lay down my life and choose to love others, even as Christ loved me.  Christ's new commandment, to love one another, as He loved us (John 13:34) is my constant beacon of direction and guidance.  As Paul said in his letter to the Philippians 2:3-7 NIV:

[3] "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, [4] not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. [5] In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

[6] Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; [7] rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness."

Finally, my call forward is all within the context of relationship with Him.  He is the great treasure, and spending time with Him is the only way to dive deeper into this vast ocean of love and affection.  All I that I am, all my gifts talents and abilities come from Him, for He is my creator.  Every thought, every deed are possible because He loved me into existence.  My pursuit of righteousness, and anything good is really just a pursuit of Him. In fact in comparison to Him, everything is pretty much garbage.  Paul nailed it on the head when He wrote the following:

Philippians 3:8-9 NIV:

[8] "What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ [9] and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ---the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith."

So this morning I am encouraged to pursue God, to continue to push into the things He shows me, into relationship with Him.  He is the way, the truth and the life! (John 14:6). I find my way in Him; I find my truth in Him; I find my life in Him! What more do I need?

Amen Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment