Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wait For The Lord!

This morning I was reading through the Psalms and came across one of my favorites, Psalm 27.  Here are a couple of verses from that Psalm that are good to meditate upon - Psalm 27:1, 7-8, 13-14 NIV:

[1]"The Lord is my light and my salvation---whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life---of whom shall I be afraid?"

[7] "Hear my voice when I call, Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. [8] My heart says of you, “Seek his face! ” Your face, Lord, I will seek."

[13] "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. [14] Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."

I was just thinking how the last verse is really a reflection of the first verse.  If the Lord is our light and salvation, our stronghold, then waiting for the Lord to show up is the logical thing to do.  Our heart says to seek His face, to be in the place of relationship with Him.  It is in the place of relationship that we experience His love and affection, that we become settled in our identity.

I was thinking about the last statement as a direction of what to do when we feel lost. If we are hiking in the wilderness and become lost, or separated from our party, we are encouraged to stop and wait, rather than continuing to walk.  The idea is that if we are lost our sense of where we are has become confused and continuing to walk could cause us to go farther and farther from those who would rescue us.

In the same way, if we are feeling lost, disconnected, in the wilderness or worn-out and unable to continue, the best thing we can do is wait for the Lord.  He loves us, He knows where we are and He is all about seeking and saving the lost (Luke 19:10).  Let us put our trust in the One who loves us and who is able to rescue us.  Let us seek His face, let us rest in Him and not be afraid!

Be strong and wait for the Lord! 

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment