Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, December 11, 2017

Good and Perfect Gifts

This morning I am reflecting upon a couple of verses from James' letter.  I love the simple truth contained here - James 1:17-18 NIV:

[17] "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. [18] He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."

What a perfect theme to reflect upon in this season of Christmas - JESUS, the perfect and good gift, did come down from Heaven!  We are surrounded by the gifts of God, His love, mercy, compassion, faithfulness, provision and peace surround us!!  The Holy Spirit comes to us and lives within us!  What blessed people we are!

Yesterday our Pastor was talking about a recent ministry trip to Mexico City and how the Lord had given her eyes to see those she ministered to, as He sees them.  When she looked into the faces of these poor people, she was aware of how much God loved them.  She was aware of how He had been planning their life since before the creation of the world, and how much He loved them as His sons and daughters!  What and awesome revelation!

Oh, that we could all approach one another with the same love and attention the Father gives to us.  He loves us!  He cares for us!  He  listens to our needs!  He loves to shower us in His love!  He chose us, created us, and loves us.  He calls us to bear witness to this incredible love to all we meet.  What if we started seeing the people we meet as good and perfect gifts from the Father!  What if we started seeing ourselves as good and perfect gifts, brought forth to this earth because of God's love!

Lord, help me to celebrate the gifts You have placed all around me!  Help me to recognize how valuable each of us is to You!  Help me to understand my own worth to You.  Help me to be an apt minister of Your love.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment