Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Embracing the Mystery

This morning I felt led to reflect on several verses from Paul's letter to the Ephesians 3:4-6,10-12,14-21 NIV:

[4] "In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, [5] which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. [6] This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus."

[10] "His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, [11] according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. [12] In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence."

[14] "For this reason I kneel before the Father, [15] from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. [16] I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, [17] so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, [18] may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, [19] and to know this love that surpasses knowledge---that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

[20] "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, [21] to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Man, I love these verses.  There is so much here, that one could just reflect for hours, days even.  A few things grabbed my attention, so I thought I would just list them:

1) The inclusion of the Gentiles in the gospel promise was unknown prior to Jesus' command to go to all the world, but really wasn't realized until Peter when to Cornelius's house in Acts 9.
2) The Gentiles (most of us) are equal heirs with Israel - we receive the same promises, the same blessings, the same provision.
3) We receive the promise of Christ Jesus - salvation and restored relationship with the Father, and the Holy Spirit.
4) In Christ's actions there was eternal purpose, that of allowing all of us to have relationship with the Father - giving us the confidence to approach Him.
5) He strengthens us in our inner being!
6) Christ dwells in our hearts through faith!
7) We are rooted and established (Growing) in love, in Christ's love for us!
8) Power is available to us to grasp how wide, long, high and deep is God's love.
9) Power is available to know this Love, Christ's love for us!
10) Power is available to enable us to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God - that is a lot of power and a lot of fullness!

Finally - He is able to work through us, through the power that is at work within us, to do more than we could ask or imagine!  I can imagine much, but He is bigger than my imagination!

Oh Lord, that we might all grasp this mystery of Your power working in us and through us! That we might embrace our inheritance already provided in You!  Lord, strengthen us internally!  Fill us with Your power!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment