Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Ten Questions

Going back a few days, I was recently doing some reading and came across a list of 10 questions for accountability groups and small groups.  I am not going to list the questions, but the questions were mostly focused on sin and avoiding sin.  While that can be helpful and needed, it seemed to me to be missing the point of what we are called to do as Christians.   We are called and invited into relationship with Jesus, to follow Him and become disciples of Him, representing Him here on earth, by becoming like Him.

My dad used to teach drivers education and he always told the students,  "Don't look at what you don't want to hit, rather look at where you want to be driving." The reason he did this came from practical experience.  He noticed that the more the drivers-ed student looked at things they didn't want to hit, like cars parked along the street, the more likely they were to hit them.  Where their eyes were focused tended to be where they drove the car.

In my Christian walk, rather than being sin focused, I prefer to try to keep my view on the things I want to do, like grow in relationship with Jesus!  I came up with my own list of questions as follows:

My questions would be more like:

1) How have you loved God?
2) How have you loved others?
3) How have you been a witness to Your relationship with Jesus?
4) How have you grown in relationship with Jesus?
5) What area of your life is the Lord speaking to presently?
6) What areas are you allowing temptation to reside?
7) What areas do you feel you failed?  How did the Lord respond?
8) What spiritual experience did you have this week?
9) How can we pray for you?
10) How have you experienced God's interaction in your life this week?

I would think that conversation and reflection on these questions would do much for our understanding and pursuit of our call to follow Jesus and represent Him to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment