Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Inheriting Everything?

This morning I am reflecting on two sets of verses.  The first comes from John's Gospel, and is Jesus praying for His disciples, and the second is from Paul's letter to the Romans.

John 17:6-10 NIV
[6] “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word. [7] Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. [8] For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me. [9] I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. [10] All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them."

Romans 8:15-17 NIV:
[15] "The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” [16] The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. [17] Now if we are children, then we are heirs---heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."

My focus is on the last two verses in each of these selections.  Talk about mind-blowing...

Jesus says to the Father, "All you have is mine".  That is an inheritance.

The Father gives everything to His Son.  The son receives it and gives it back to the Father - "Everything I have is yours".

Paul says we are "God's children", "heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ".

In other words, we have the same inheritance as Jesus! Our job, as Jesus stated is to receive what we have received and give it back to Him, bringing Him glory!

Wow!
Wow!
Wow!

Now let that settle in my heart and mind, Lord!  I cannot even fathom the truth of those statements, but I must believe that they are true.  Help me to understand the length, the breadth, the depth and width of these truths!  Help me to live my life embracing these truths.  Help me to cast unbelief far from my mind and heart!  Help me to live to my fullest understanding of these truths and beyond!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment