Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Spring is Coming - A Message of Hope



This morning as I woke up, I found myself reflecting back on some things I was thinking this past Sunday during church.  Sometimes, I will have a sense of something the Lord is saying to us as a people, more than just my normal and daily conversational exchange.  This past Sunday, I felt like the message had to do with changing seasons approaching.  As a quick insight into what I was hearing, I have listed the four things that He seemed to pull together in my mind and heart.

Like normal we started our service with worship, and uring our worship one of our worship team members read a short set of verses from Book of the Prophet Hosea, ending with verse 6:3, which speaks of God's faithfulness in coming to us like spring rains.

As I was reflecting on that verse I felt led to read from Isaiah 42:9 NIV:  "See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you.”

As I was reflecting on the combination of these two sets of verses I was reminded of the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.  In this story an evil witch had taken over the land of Narnia and it was always winter there.  However at one point, they sense a change in the wind, and they realized that spring was coming, and start seeing signs of that change, even before winter officially ended.

Finally, I was reminded of how the spring rains in Minnesota used to melt the snow, and before actual spring would come there was usually a sloppy messy transition from winter to spring. Although it was ugly, we didn't mind it because we knew that spring was coming.

In my mind I felt like the Lord combined these 4 different themes into a message of hope.  I felt like He said that many of us were entering into a time of transition, of changing seasons in our lives.  The message of hope was that God was announcing it and doing a work in many lives, even if it didn't seem like it.   While we may not see it yet, He was faithful to bring this change about.  He was announcing it ahead of time, and we could depend on His faithfulness.   The transition period might be a bit messy or difficult, but that was not a sign of failure, but rather of change.  I felt like for some the message was change resulting in new jobs, or new provision.  For others it was for a thawing of hearts and washing away old things and old ways.  The message was clearly one of hope and certainty, for God is clearly at work in our lives, and sometimes we just need to know that winds of change are coming, and that it will be good and bring new life.

Anyway, this morning I felt like it was right to share this and proclaim some good news - Spring is Coming!  New Life, new provisions, new jobs, new opportunities and new ways of looking at things!  God loves us and is always on the move.

Amen, I can certainly embrace the promise for all of the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment