Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Saturday, January 28, 2023

What We Think About Is Important


This morning I am reflecting on the opening verses from Paul's letter to the church in Ephesus.  They are so rich and full of revelation!  Here are the verses - Ephesians 1:3-10 NIV:

[3] "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. [4] For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love [5] he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will--- [6] to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. [7] In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace [8] that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, [9] he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, [10] to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment---to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ."

Things to think about, based on the above sentences:

1) We have been given every spiritual blessing!  

2) He chose us before the creation of the world.

3) In love, He predestined us to be His adopted children!  The Greek word used here is very specific and means our adoption is uncancellable ( see my blog on this topic https://amomentwithgod-srh.blogspot.com/2017/06/adoption-as-gods-sons-and-daughters-its.html )

4) It is His pleasure to have us as sons and daughters.

5) His Glorious Grace was freely given to us in Love!

6) Redemption, salvation and forgiveness of sins are given as gifts!

7) He has opened the door to us to all wisdom and understanding, even the mystery of His will, to be put into effect in their proper time!  

Wow, talk about drop-the-mic statements!  Each of these statements could be the basis of a book, for so much is in contained in these brief statements.  For example I have written forty-four different reflection on the fact that we are God's adopted sons and daughters, focusing in on different nuances each time.  

My encouragement this morning is to pick one of these themes and just let my mind, heart and spirit resonate with it all day long.  As A. W. Tozer says, "What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us." I am encouraged to expand my thinking about God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment