Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, August 28, 2023

Questions & Answers: Getting Personal


This morning I had a very different prayer time.  I have been meditating on John 21, which is the restoration of Peter, following Jesus' resurrection.  It is a very moving time of ministry, where we can see the gentleness and care of Jesus for Peter.  This morning as I was sitting down to pray  I asked the Lord, "What do You want to talk about?", rather than my normal question which is, "what should  I read?" 

It took me a little bit to settle my mind and heart, and just listen and as I did so, I felt led to go back to John 21, but instead of Jesus asking the questions of Peter,  "Peter, do you love me?"  I heard the Lord say to me: "Sam, do I love you?"

Actually it stunned me for a second, why would the Lord ask me this question?  But then as I pressed in I could almost hear the reverse of those questions and that conversation that was recorded by John!

Here is what I wrote down:

J: Sam, do I love You?

s: Yes Lord, You love me!

J: I will take care of your kids!

J: Sam, do I love you?

s: Yes Lord, You love me!

J: I will take care of your wife!

J:  Sam do I love you?

s: Yes Lord, I know that You love me, even though You know everything about me!

J: I will lead you and guide you all your life, I am the Good Shepherd, and I will take care of you!


I felt like the Lord wanted to press in, to have me look deeper at my relationship with Him.  There was an invitation to hear Him, to let Him ask questions, to hear how I really respond!  

These are the key questions the Lord asked me this morning, besides those above: 

Do I love you?

Do you trust Me?

Do you trust Me with your kids, and their lives?

Do you trust Me with Your life?

Do you trust Me with your spouses life?

I have the feeling this is the beginning of a great conversation, or actually several conversations that I am going to have with the Lord!  My answers to some of those questions need work, and show me areas that I need to grow, and surrender. The Lord was really getting personal today, and the invitation is open.

Lord, help me to press into You so that i might be able to answer each of those questions with a resounding YES based on my experience of You!

Yes Lord, I want to know You more, and know more of Your love and care! 

Amen and Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment