Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Monday, July 25, 2011

God Watches Over His Word

This morning I was reading Jeremiah 1:1-14 and my attention was captured by verse 12, which says: "The LORD said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.”

I guess it captured my attention because the image of God watching over each of the words He speaks, seeing that they are fulfilled, gave me hope and encouragement.  I imagine the billions of things that God has said, many of them just seeds, that He is constantly watching over to see that they are fulfilled - almost like a gardener tending is garden.

It gives me hope for things He has said that I haven't seen happen yet.  It gives me encouragement that He remembers His words, and as it says in Isaiah 55:11, "... so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

This word also calls me to accountability for things God has spoken to me that I have either ignored or let flounder.  He is watching over me, as I steward His word to me.

Thank You Lord for this word of hope, encouragement and direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment