Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love is God's Character

Recently I have been reading several passages that all have the same message - God is loving!


In Exodus 34:6 God reveals himself to Moses and comments on His own character - He says He is "abounding in Love."


In Psalm 145:13,17  David writes twice that God is "loving toward all he has made." 


Finally in 1 John 4:16  John says simply "God is Love."


So often our world paints God as judgmental, angry, punishing, distant, etc.  The reality was expressed most completely in Jesus - He is Loving.  He sees the person's heart, hurt, rejection, sin and ugliness and still extends love!


Lord, help us to show more of Your Love to those around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment