Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Sunday, July 3, 2011

YOU are Mine

This morning during my time with God, I was reading out of my favorite Old Testament Prophet Isaiah.  Is 43:1 says, "But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created you, Jacob, He who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."  I have underlined the section that caught my attention.


I have some quick thoughts about this verse, where God tells us not to fear, and gives us three reasons to support this statement:


1) He has redeemed us - that means he has marched into enemy territory and paid the price for our freedom, and brought us back to safety.  What an awesome  picture of what He accomplished through His crucifiction, death and resurrection.


2)  He has summoned us by name - there is an intimacy and choice here - I imagine its like being selected for a team on the playground because He knows me and my character and wants me on His team.


3)  He says "You are Mine!"  I imagine this to be like one lover saying this to their mate - an intimate recognition of relationship, membership and love.


I think this leads perfectly to verse 4, which says  "Since you are precious and honored in my sight,and because I love you..."


Thank You Lord for this great encouragement.  Help me to truly understand the significance of these words in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment