Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 30, 2011

God is Good

This morning I was reading through Psalm 119 and I read verse 68 which resonated with me.  It says, "You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees."  I love the simplicity of the first statement.


So often we, in our limited human understanding, don't see God as good or His acts as good.  We blame God for things that are bad.  We can't understand how God would allow bad things to happen to innocents.


Isaiah 55:8-9 probably explains it best, "“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."


As much as we would like to understand God, or try to project our human ideas upon Him, he is wholly different than us.  We are created in His image - but we are not duplicates - we are far from ever attaining His understanding.  God in His infinite perspective and wisdom, sees and understands far beyond our limited understanding and perspective.  


Lord help us to trust your word over our perceptions and ideas.  You are good, and everything You do is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment