Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Times are Accelerating

This morning I turned to Amos 9 and was reading verse 13 - it says:  “The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when the reaper will be overtaken by the plowman and the planter by the one treading grapes. New wine will drip from the mountains and flow from all the hills."  Every time I read this verse it calls to mind supernatural acceleration of events - planting grapes and harvesting and treading immediately, plowing and replanting even as the harvest is still being collected.


I was reminded of a pastor I heard preaching on the end-times and preaching out of Matt 24:6-8 which talks about wars, famines and earthquakes, etc.  In verse 8 Jesus says, " All these are the beginning of birth pains."  


The pastor said the one thing about birth pains that is important to note is that they come more often and closer together as you get closer to the time of birth - in other words they accelerate!  Looking just at this year already we have seen an incredible array of natural disaster, wars erupting in many places, and we are barely half way through the year.


Which brings me back to Amos 9 - the picture there is of a harvest accelerating  and I believe that we will begin to see, and already are seeing, an increase is the harvest (people coming to God), as we draw closer to the end times.  No sooner will the person hear the word of life (planting) than they will be ready for harvesting (salvation).


Lord we look forward to Your return, help us to be ready for these times of acceleration!

No comments:

Post a Comment