Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Are You the One?

This morning I was continuing my reading of Matthew's Gospel.  I was reading Chapter 11 and focused on verse 1-6.  John is in prison and wants to know if Jesus truly is the one he was sent to announce.  He has his disciples ask Jesus, "Are you the one?"


Matt 11:4-6 gives us His reply:  


"Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: 5 The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. 6 Blessed is anyone who does not stumble on account of me.


In these verses Jesus is pointing back to Isaiah 35:5-6, Isaiah 61:1, Isaiah 42:7 all prophecies of the coming Messiah.  In other words, Jesus says, 'Yes, I AM the one!" He offered clear and conclusive proof that He was indeed the Messiah.  


Sometimes, when we aren't seeing the things we think we should see (John was expecting Judgement as well as blessing) we can lose sight of who Jesus really is, and need to be reminded again.  I know that is true for me. 


Lord help us to recognize who You truly are, and act on that belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment