Note:

I apologize for any poor English or writing. This comes directly from my prayer journal, and at 5am I am not always the best writer, nor do I catch all my mistakes. However, I think Mrs. Hausner, my highschool English teacher, would be glad that I am at least still writing.
- Sam

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Healed Without A Word

This morning I was reading Matthew 8:14-15 - "When Jesus came into Peter’s house, he saw Peter’s mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. 15 He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him."  


I was struck by the fact that Jesus apparently didn't say a thing - He just touched her hand and she was healed.  How different this is than most of the prayer for healing I have seen where we pray for several  minutes or pray for people over long periods of time.  Clearly there is a level of intimacy with the Father and availability within Jesus for the Holy Spirit to move in healing that most of us have not experienced.  


Rather than being disappointed by my own lack of effectiveness, this verse encourages me to continue to pursue intimacy and availability in healing so that one day Jesus might heal through my hand without me ever saying a word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment